Real estate lawyers most commonly work with individuals or companies that are looking to purchase a home or other property, where special considerations require services beyond what a real estate agent may be able to provide. Our law office can act on your behalf on any of your real estate matters. Whether you are purchasing your first home or your multi-unit commercial property, we will work diligently on your behalf to ensure that you obtain quality representation in your transaction.
A Variety of Real Estate Law Services
We can provide legal guidance for real estate clients who need information or assistance with title insurance, negotiation and preparation of contracts, mortgage brokering, and lien searches.
Here are some other examples of work we’ve performed in the context of residential and commercial real estate law over the years:
- purchase and sale of residential properties
- purchase and sale of vacant land
- purchase and sale of residential and commercial condominiums
- purchase and sale of cottage properties
- purchase and sale of newly constructed homes
- purchase and sale of units in cooperatives (coops)
- purchase and sale of rural, commercial, industrial and institutional properties including acting for the purchase of a hospital and multi-units properties having between 2 and 50+ units
- reviewing status certificates or estoppel certificates
- drafting, reviewing, negotiating and providing advice about residential leases and commercial leases
- acting on behalf of borrowers or lenders in private mortgage transactions
- refinance and new mortgage transactions
- transfers of properties as between spouses or family members
- providing independent legal advice or representation where a conflict may exist
- drafting trust agreements
If you require any services in Ottawa real estate, please don’t hesitate to contact our office.
First Time Home Buyer Information Meeting
If you are a first-time home buyer, we offer a free information meeting. Simply contact our Ottawa office to schedule an appointment with one of our real estate lawyers and Izzy, John, David, Michael or Sarah will meet with you to explain the process involved in your transaction, outlining all steps and costs to make sure that any questions you may have are answered. If you are not sure what questions to ask? Don’t worry, our information meeting is exhaustive and will cover questions you never knew to ask.
Approved Service Provider with Brookfield Relocation Services
For those of you relocating to or from Ottawa or surrounding areas including Nepean, Gloucester, Barrhaven, Kanata or Orleans with Brookfield Relocation Services, our real estate lawyers are on the list of approved service providers.