For various reasons, whether relating to banking, legal matters or other, you may require the services of a notary or commissioner of oaths; our law office also provides both notary and commissioner of oath services. To make an appointment, please contact our office. Same day appointments are available.
Commissioner of oaths
A commissioner of oaths is an official authorized to take oaths or affirmations from individuals in a legal setting. All Ontario lawyers are automatically considered commissioner of oaths upon being called to the bar.
Ontario lawyers are not automatically considered notary publics and special application must be made to the Ministry of Government Services. Izzy, John, David and Sarah have all been appointed by the Ministry of Government Services as notary publics.
Types of Services
As notaries and commissioners of oath, here are some examples of services we can offer you:
- Certified true copies (photocopy of a primary document which is certified as being a true copy of the original);
- Commission a proof of loss for insurance purposes;
- Commission affidavits for various court and other matters;
- Notarize Children Travel Consent Letters when travelling abroad;
- Commission various forms and declarations;
- Notarize diplomas or other for purposes of post-secondary school applications; and
- Notarizing letters of invitation.
For any of these services, it is important that you present at least one original piece of photo identification complete with signature, such as your passport, driver’s licence or Ontario ID card.
If you require assistance in drafting any such documentation, require notary or commissioner of oaths services or would like some more information, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.